Tired of always eating the same thing? In the summer, do you like to discover new flavors and treat yourself? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here we have the RECIPE that will disrupt your culinary habits. Freezer as you wish, ease of preparation and a lot of comfort, meatballs with basil tomato sauce by Cyril Lignac has the potential to become your new must-have for the season. Because? They sit on a bed of penne and burrata that makes us drool just thinking about it. Ladies, take off your hat, today Cyril Lignac, it is you, and your duty is to please all the taste buds of the table!
The recipe for meatballs with tomato basil sauce by Cyril Lignac
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 300 g minced beef
- 300 g minced pork
- 30 g grated parmesan or cheese, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100 g ricotta or cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 100 g crustless bread soaked in milk
- 500 g crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and de-sprouted
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 240 g raw penne
- 2 balls of burrata á 125 g (or mozzarella)
- olive oil
- fine salt and ground pepper
- coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Pour a splash of olive oil into a hot pan, add the chopped onion, sweat it without colouring.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, thyme, garlic and basil, cook until the water in the tomatoes disappears. To be sure, put a spoonful of sauce on a plate, if the sauce is dripping water around the edges, it is not ready.
- Place the two minced meats in a salad bowl, mix with grated Parmesan, the eggs, the ricotta, the chopped parsley and the bread soaked in milk and pressed.
- Mix by hand and season with fine salt and ground pepper. Shape into balls by hand and place on a plate.
- Pour a splash of olive oil into a hot frying pan, place the meatballs and brown them until they are golden brown.
- Put the meatballs in a dish and pour some tomato sauce on top, bake for 7 minutes. Save the pan.
- Dip the pen into a pot of boiling salted water, cook for 7 minutes.
- In the hot frying pan for preparing meatballs, put 2 to 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce, drain the pasta with a slotted spoon and add them (do not drain the pasta with a strainer, the boiling water brings the starch, which binds the sauce) .
- Reheat 2 minutes, just to bind.
- In soup plates, place the penne pasta in tomato sauce, the meatballs and add a spoonful of burrata and a basil leaf.
And for more recipes, here it is!