Nothing to do, the prospect of a good meatball has the gift of driving us crazy! A recipe even inscribed in our Belgian gourmet heritage, which offers the benefits of recycling leftovers from our fridges. And in this matter, it knows, as many variations as ingredients. Let yourself be carried away by the inspirations of the season and the wishes of the moment. Here for Soon at the table – RTBF.be the recipe by Leslie Winandy, the creator of the blog Leslie in the kitchen
Meat coffee with vegetables – potatoes vinaigrette
Engredients for 4 people:
- 600 g minced pork and veal
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- Half a small zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- About 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 500 g firm-fleshed potatoes
- 3 young onions
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon old fashioned mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- Salt and black pepper from the mill
- Peel the onion, garlic clove, carrot, cut ½ zucchini lengthwise and remove the seeds, rinse the pepper, cut it in half and remove the stem and seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 200° – hot air.
- Cut all the vegetables into brunoise and mix them with the minced meat, add the 2 eggs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in sufficient quantity to make the preparation well seasoned.
- Shape the meatloaf, place it in an oiled baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes of approx. 2 cm gap.
- Cook them in a pot of salted boiling water.
- Chop the young onions.
- Place them in the bottom of a salad bowl and add the 2 mustards, honey, vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper. To mix together.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them, put them still warm in the salad bowl and mix.
- Serve this warm potato salad with a slice or slice of meatloaf.
Leslie in the kitchen