Have you heard about cabbage soup recipe for quick weight loss and detox. Whether you want to lose up to 10 pounds in just 7 days, fit into your clothes, relieve yourself, or get rid of bloating, this diet can help you achieve those goals. They still say it’s a good starting point for healthy eating because Magic Soup is low in calories, high in nutrients, fat-free and sugar-free. Our editors decided to check the effectiveness of the program and here are the results!
What is the Cabbage Soup Diet?
The cabbage soup diet has been a very popular diet in recent years. It is extremely low in fat and high in fiber, and lasts seven days in total. Although the program is mainly composed of cabbage soup, it also includes other vegetables such as potatoes and tomatoes. You can also eat some meat and drink unsweetened tea and coffee.
The concept is quite simple: you make and eat as much cabbage soup as you want. Typically, people consume between two and three bowls of it a day – and since it contains virtually no calories, you are in a severe calorie deficit, and this leads to weight loss.
How Much Weight Can You Lose With Slimming Cabbage Soup?
In fact, you can lose up to 4.5 kg in a week by following the cabbage soup diet. Unfortunately, sticking to a very restrictive diet like this can have a negative impact on future weight loss. When you reduce your calorie intake too much, your body responds by lowering your metabolism. This means that the number of calories you burn in a day decreases, resulting in you not having the benefit of burning calories through simple daily functions like sleeping and sitting.
When you lower your metabolism, you also enter what is commonly referred to as a weight loss plateau. So even if you stick to this diet for a long period of time, eventually you won’t see any results. So if you want to go on a reduced calorie diet, there are much better options to choose from. For example, intermittent fasting or the Sirtfood diet.
What can you eat during the diet?
On the cabbage soup diet, participants may only eat soup together with other vegetables and some meat. You can have one potato a week and you can snack on fruit, but bananas are forbidden. In terms of beverages, water, unsweetened tea and coffee are allowed. So you will have to stop drinking alcohol.
- Day 1: Eat as much fruit as you want (except bananas), as well as unlimited cabbage soup, water, unsweetened tea and coffee.
- Day 2: Eat raw vegetables and cabbage soup. You are entitled to a baked potato in the evening.
- Day 3: Cabbage soup, fruit and vegetables as desired (except potatoes and bananas).
- Day 4: Cabbage soup as desired. You can drink skimmed milk and eat up to eight bananas.
- Day 5: Lots of cabbage soup, 565g beef and six tomatoes. Make sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water.
- Day 6: As much cabbage soup, beef and vegetables as you want (except potatoes).
- Day 7: Cabbage soup as desired, some brown rice and a fruit juice without sugar.
Fat burning cabbage soup recipe
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 2 diced green peppers
- 2 cans tomatoes (sliced or whole)
- 250 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 1 or 2 stock cubes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, curry, mixed herbs or other spices for extra flavor
How to prepare?
1. In a large pan, fry the chopped onions with oil spray.
2. Then add the green pepper pieces and cook for a minute.
3. Also add the chopped cabbage leaves, sliced carrots, celery and mushrooms.
4. Then sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper or curry powder.
5. Pour in 12 cups of water and any extra stock cubes.
6. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the soup has the right consistency.
What are the effects of cabbage soup? Here’s our editors’ roundup
- If you do not drink plenty of water and start a balanced diet after the 7 days of cabbage soup, you can quickly regain the lost weight. Between 1 and 2 kilos more to our editors during the first 2 days after the end of the diet.
- It’s a pretty boring diet as it mainly consists of vegetable soup (otherwise not very tasty).