It’s summer and you want to avoid spending hours in the kitchen because of the heat? If you don’t know what to do with your apricots, we have found a delicious dessert for you, with few ingredients and quick to make. Nothing better to end with a sweet touch at the end of the meal.
The apricot is making a comeback this summer. Easy to find, it’s full of vitamins and we love its tangy taste. It lives up to your expectations, both cold and browned on the pan, or even on the grill. But how do you prepare it easily and quickly? Grab this fresh fruit while it’s in season. Find the recipe here.
For 4 people
4 apricots from Provence
4 teaspoons of lavender honey
4 cottage cheese strainers (cow or goat cheese)
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the core. Pierce each sprig of rosemary with 2 apricot halves to form a skewer.
- Place the skewers in a non-slip pan and cover them with a spoonful of lavender honey.
- Cook on a low heat for about fifteen minutes, so that the apricots become soft and the honey takes on the consistency of “marmalade”, transparent and shiny, mixed with the fruit juice.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Arrange the cheese strainers on 4 plates and add the 2 medallions of roasted apricots on skewers.
- Coat the cottage cheese and fruit with the “marmalade” from the pan. Serve very chilled.
By Eloise Tionck
Also read: What to do with overripe apricots
This simple and gourmet recipe with apricots will brighten up your summer!
Our gourmet ideas for sublimating apricots