For many people who want to lose weight, potatoes have a very bad reputation. But we are here to deny it. By the way, did you know that potatoes are full of fiber? Fiber is essential for weight loss because it keeps you full longer. So after eating a tasty and juicy baked potato, you will not want to snack constantly throughout the day. In fact, they are not your enemy at all! So why not make an exceptionally delicious and easy to make potato cake? And for dessert? Why not another but cute? Keep scrolling to discover our super cozy and sweet fall recipes!
DeaVita Recipes: Potato cake
Want an original potato cake? Do you need a simple recipe for an evening with friends or a cozy Saturday? Well, we have the perfect meal for you!
We love potatoes here at the DeaVita office, and we even go crazy because Amélie brings big dishes of potatoes every few days. And it’s very thin, you can put it in your pocket! How does this girl eat so much every day without gaining weight? But I digress… So naturally we all started ogling his food, especially his mouth-watering rösti, and then we started talking about our favorite recipes. And I remember when I was little, my great grandmother made the best potato cake. The sweet, spicy aroma of tender potato and crispy exterior that crunches into the mouth and fills it with an impeccably delicious taste… There is nothing like it! Yes, the potato is the madeleine of my life. Call me Proust if you want!
So today I’m here to share my beautiful great grandmother Elisa’s recipe with you and then encourage you to check out our wonderfully delicious sweet potato cake recipe. That interests you? Okay, let’s go!
Autumn comfort meal: crisp and tasty
Here is the recipe for potato cake Peasant! Every time when I was little and feeling depressed, my great grandmother would cook me this comforting dish knowing how greedy I was and still am today. And you know what? The love she put into this warm, comforting dish filled not only my belly but also my heart with joy. Food is a form of therapy when taken in healthy amounts. And now I want to start the session and make you want to cook. Make this homemade dish for a loved one. Take the meal to the office and feel more comfortable in a colder environment. All in all, it’s easy and delicious!
- 5 medium-sized baking potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 40 g of butter
- a splash of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First of all, rinse the potatoes well and peel them. Although my mom cuts them by hand (and it’s heavy work!), I highly recommend using a mandolin because your job will be done in no time. Put them in a bowl of water to remove excess starch.
- Then melt the butter in a large frying pan over low heat and fry the garlic cloves for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the peeled potatoes from the bowl of water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and pour some of the garlic butter over them. Leave the rest for later! Then season liberally with salt and pepper and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Add the oil to the pan and heat it up. Remove the pan from the heat and add the spiralized potatoes. In fact, the potatoes at the bottom of the pan will be the top of the cake. When all the slices are in the pan, press it flat like a cake.
- Then put the pan over low heat and cover with a lid for about 15 minutes, add the remaining butter. Occasionally wipe away any moisture that accumulates on the lid so that the potatoes become crispy during cooking.
- Finally, lift the edges of the cake and check that it is browned. Potatoes must be fork tender. Turn the cake onto a large plate, cut and enjoy! Yum!
Need a light dessert after a heavy meal? Try sweet potato cake!