- 100 ml cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 ml of milk
- 25 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ vanilla pod, pulp scraped
- 1 unripe lemon, grated
- 4 slices of sandwich bread or braid (2 cm thick)
- Butter for cooking
- Cinnamon sugar
- edible flowers
- For the sour cream ice cream, heat all ingredients except sour cream until the glucose and sugar have melted.
- Then add creme fraiche, mix everything well and freeze in the ice cream machine.
- For French toast, whip the cream with egg yolks, milk, sugar and salt, then add vanilla mass and a little grated lemon.
- Place the slices of sandwich bread or braid in the mixture and let them soak.
- Brown the soaked slices in foaming butter over low heat. Remove and place on absorbent paper.
- Toss the French toast slices in the cinnamon sugar and place them on plates. Place a quenelle of creme fraiche ice cream. Garnish with edible flowers.
>> Find this recipe at the Schloss Schauenstein restaurant: Schlossgass 77, Fürstenau, 081 632 10 80, www.schauenstein.ch