Go to Sicily with this cannoli recipe from Cyril Lignac! This pastry made from fried dough and ricotta cream will please young and old for dessert and snack.
This morning on RTL chief Cyril Lignac proposed one Sicilian cannoli recipe. Does this name mean anything to you? that cannolo is a baker composed of one roll dough flavored with cocoa and marsala, a Sicilian wine. It is fried and topped with a ricotta cream, which makes it a dessert generous and greedy to perfection. We explain how to prepare them.
The ingredients for Sicilian cannoli Cyril Lignac style
That cannoli consist of a “crust” of dough, ricotta cream and decorations. Here are the ingredients needed for each of these items:
The dough for the “crusts”
- Of flour
- Cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Soft butter
- 700 g ricotta
- Sugar (approx. 200 g)
- lemon zest
- Orange peel, chocolate chips and/or pistachio pieces for decoration
On the utensil side, you will need a cul-de-poule (a salad bowl), a whisk or whisk, a rolling pin or a dough maker, enough to prepare a frying pan, stainless steel cylindrical molds and tongs to remove cannoli pasta from the frying pan .
The stages of Sicilian cannoli Cyril Lignac style
The cooking time for this recipe will vary depending on how many cannoli you make. Count 1t20 for 20 cannoli. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Prepare the dough for the cannolo “crusts”: mix the ingredients to a smooth and elastic dough. Let it rest for 1 hour. Roll out the dough, stretch it out and form circles.
- Fry the “crusts”: preheat a frying pan. Wrap the dough circles around stainless steel cylindrical molds. To remove them more easily afterwards, remember to lubricate them lightly. Close the ends of the pasta and then fry them. After a few seconds, the tube is ready, remove it from the frying bath, immediately remove its stainless steel mold and drain the crust of the cannolo on absorbent paper.
- Prepare the ricotta: drain the ricotta, then mix it with the sugar and lemon zest.
- Fill the cannoli: Use a pastry bag and fill the cannoli generously with the ricotta cream. You can decorate them with chocolate chips, orange peel or pistachios.
Serve the cannoli within an hour as the ricotta softens the “crust”.