Among everyone’s favorite desserts are chocolate fondant can be enjoyed under any circumstances. But one of the pitfalls of chocolate fondant remains its cooking, which, if slightly off, completely ruins our childhood dessert. But it was unexpected chef Christophe Michalak’s irresistible recipe !
To discover all our chefs recipes, see our cooking section!
Christophe Michalak’s chocolate fondant recipe
To make a success of Chef Michalak’s recipe, here is the ingredients and the steps to followwhat a dessert to die for.
List of ingredients for 1 fondant:
- 4 eggs
- 150 g brown sugar
- 200 g of butter
- 200 g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 70 g flour
- 1 pinch of cocoa
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
The steps to follow:
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk. Beat for 5 minutes.
- In a pan, melt the butter with the chocolate and salt.
- When the mixture has melted, add the flour and mix well.
- Pour into a greased mold, preferably silicone or metal.
Christophe Michalak’s tips for successful cooking
Once everything is ready, it’s time to cook, and this is where things get complicated! To prevent your fondant from overcooking, here’s chef’s advice :
- Bake the cake at 130°C in a ventilated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- When the cake is baked, take it out of the oven and place it on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Then put it in the fridge for 3 hours. After three hours, free it and place it on a plate, then leave it at room temperature for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cocoa: it’s ready!