The temperatures outside have been really unusual lately and the heat waves are hitting us earlier than expected. During this period it is better to stay indoors, but it does not completely solve the problem. If you still need a refresher, consider a glass of cold iced tea. It is easy to make and packed with beneficial properties. It gives you an instant energy boost and a delicious taste that lasts for hours. Without further ado, here is our selection of easy homemade iced tea recipes.
Why make your own iced tea instead of buying it?
Some bottled iced teas contain more than 6 tablespoons of white sugar! And all this in 500 ml of liquid! That’s an incredible amount that will not only make you gain a few pounds, but make you even more thirsty. Sure, there are sugar-free options, but are you sure they don’t contain preservatives or dyes? Check the labels first and think carefully before you buy. Below are some easy homemade iced tea varieties that are healthier and easier to make at home.
Recipe for peach iced tea
If caffeinated cold summer drinks aren’t your thing, or you just want to make a drink that’s suitable for the whole family, including kids, try making this peach iced tea. It is probably the most popular flavor among all.
- 250 g honey
- 250 ml of water
- 2-3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 green/black tea bags (optional)
Boil honey, water and sliced peaches in a saucepan. Then simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, pressing the peaches occasionally with a wooden spoon to release their juice. Then let the syrup cool and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve. Put it in the fridge overnight. This will allow all flavors to combine. The next day, you can brew your favorite tea from the Camellia Synensis plant and mix it into the syrup. Black tea should be avoided if you plan to serve it to children.
Non-alcoholic Long Island Cocktail
- 4 tea bags for English breakfast
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 500 ml ginger beer
- 60 ml fresh lemon juice
- 60 ml fresh orange juice
- sprig of mint
Preparation : Boil the tea in 1.5 liters of water, then let it cool. Once cooled, add the vinegar, ginger ale, lemon juice and orange juice. Stir lightly and pour into glasses filled with ice cubes.
Refreshing drink with homemade red fruits
Ingredients for the syrup:
- 190 g raspberries
- 190 g blueberries
- 190 g blackberries
- 200 g of sugar
- 1 liter of water
For easy homemade iced tea
- 2 liters of water, distributed
- 6 black tea bags
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Add all the berries to the pan with the sugar and water and cook over a medium-high heat until they boil. Then lower the heat to low and simmer for another 20 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally. Finally, strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve.
2. To prepare the tea, add 1 liter of water to a pot and put it on the stove to boil. Once the water has boiled, turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Let the tea steep for 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags, then add the baking soda.
3. Put the remaining 1l of water in a large jug, then add the syrup and tea. Mix everything together, then put the ice cream in the fridge until ready to serve.
Alcoholic iced tea
- 3 bags of green tea
- 230 ml warm water
- 2 lemons rated
- 2 lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 100 ml of vodka
- 1 liter of peach juice
- For decoration: 1 peach, 1 lemon, 3 sprigs of mint.
Preparation : Boil the tea in water and squeeze the citrus fruits in the meantime. Mix the fresh juice with the honey, then add vodka and peach juice. Stir well to combine the flavors and refrigerate until chilled. When ready, garnish the glasses with peach and lemon slices, mint and ice cubes.